Marble has with stood the test of time. Dating back to the Roman days of Julius Cesar it has been used by architects and builders for centuries to enhance the beauty of any room or structure both in and outdoors. Not having any limits, its' flexible applications add beauty to floors, walls, countertops, ceilings and even decorative trim.
During many of these past centuries marble has always been tied to luxury and elegance as dictated by its expense. In the last 20 years though, it has become a relatively easy to mine and readily available material that is easy to process and easy to work with. Hence, it is now a viable and affordable option when considering your decorative home options.
While marble has its' appeal of luxury, it also provides practical use as well. For many years, the hospitals and clinics that demanded clean and sterile environments utilized marble flooring because of its ability to resist nesting of microscopic organisms and bacteria. Also, there is a tendency to use marble in warm climates because of its ability to ability to stay cool to the touch. Just imagine how nice is it to walk bare foot on cool marble flooring when the temperatures outside near and exceed triple digits.
Since the Roman days, marble has been a trusted material and solid choice for flooring, countertops and wall tile. Our knowledge of the material today provides us with the ability to maintain and extend its original look many years after installation. The checklist below will help you keep your marble looking brand new:
* Research marble and decide if it is the most effective choice for you installation. Consider the location, types of traffic it will get, and make sure you have the time and resources to care for it properly.
* Marble is natural stone. This means that natural color and pattern defects will be present. Work smart with it to use these variations to your advantage.
* Get thoroughly familiar with the shipment you receive. Intimate knowledge of the color and pattern variations will help with your pre-planning of laying the material out.
* Know the exact marble warranty specifics before you start working with it so you don't void it during installation. try to gain this knowledge during the shopping process because it will give you a general idea of what to expect of your chosen marble ahead of time.
* If it is within your project budget, hire a natural stone tile professional so as to avoid costly errors.
* Resolve with your sales representative how to handle delivery of damaged tile. Be sure to check for damage before you begin any install. This will help you prepare your remodeling project for any delays due to marble shortages as dictated by the damaged deliveries. These resolutions very from seller to seller.
* Proper installation sites include clean dry and level areas. Manage the details here. This will ensure both short and long term success.
* Marble flooring requires a regular cleaning and polishing regimen. Choose the appropriate cleaners and sealers.
* Ensure that your marble has been sealed before any installation. If you don't seal your marble beforehand, grout be difficult to clean off after installation.
* Clean spills immediately, particularly those liquids which are acidic. Acid will corrode marble tile and tarnish its finish.
Thanks and please visit our resource blog.
- Granite Plate Advantages
- Granite Slab Features
- Granite Features
- Granite Is Beautiful, Durable And V...
- Granite Purchase
- Granite Maintenance
- Marble Plate Technical Requirements
- The Natural Color Of Agate Is Very ...
- Agate Maintenance Method
- Artificial Marble Is Made By Mimick...
- Best Service From MRD Stone
- Why Granite Tile Is A Popular Floor...
- Why Quartz Stone Expensive Than Nat...
- The New Vitality Of Stone
- Cleaning Marble Countertops
- Basalt - What Is Basalt, How Does I...
- NANO CRYSTALLIZED GLASS STONE
- What Is The Difference Between Trav...
- Why More And More People Choose Quartz
- What Is Cultured Marble?